Thursday, February 27, 2014

I Can't Talk Right Now!


Hello?

I CAN'T TALK RIGHT NOW!

No Hello.

Just, I CAN'T TALK RIGHT NOW!

Oh, did I telepathically communicate with you and instruct you to pick up the phone?  NO.

So, why then did you answer your phone with I CAN'T TALK RIGHT NOW?

How am I to know that YOU CAN'T TALK RIGHT NOW when you answer your phone?

Does this ever happen to you when you call someone?  Do you snarl, "If you can't talk right now then why did you answer your phone?"  Tom says he picks up the phone only to make sure I don't need him for anything, but I'm still confused because if he was concerned that I needed him then why answer the phone with I CAN'T TALK RIGHT NOW?

Tom will generally call on his way home from work to say he's sorry that he could not talk earlier and to ask, "What's up?"  Unfortunately, I'm usually making dinner when he calls, so I politely inform him I CANT TALK RIGHT NOW!

We're all sooooooooo busy!





No comments:

Post a Comment