Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Countdown to Memorial Day Weekend: 95 Days


Lobster Fight

Come on, that's exciting.  It's less than 100 days until the unofficial start of Summer, and the way time flies by it will be here before we know it.  I'm trying to be positive since my son pointed out to me that I complain about the weather about once an hour.  Is that all?  That's less than I thought since the bad weather is constantly on my mind.

If Memorial Day is too far in the future to get you excited, focus on Spring.  Spring will arrive on March 20th, that's a month away.  Just one month!  Now, that's exciting.  Ah, Spring!  The season of increasing daylight, warming temperatures, and the rebirth of flora and fauna.  And, even if we still have crappy weather at least we can say it's "Spring" and not "Winter."  That's something.

I checked the Farmers' Almanac to see what type of weather we can expect in the Northeast this Summer and Caleb Weatherbee, the official forecaster, predicts "unseasonably hot and dry" weather for the Eastern states.  I'm okay with hot.  

If you think "Weatherbee" is a strange last name for the forecaster at the Farmers' Almanac it's because "Weatherbee" is a pseudonym used by the forecasters to conceal their true identities.  Seems a little cowardly.  After all, our good friend Punxsutawney Phil sticks his neck out (literally) every year to make his prediction.  Regardless, I won't push the issue since I'm happy with Weatherbee's forecast.

I'm going to try and be more positive about the weather and I'm definitely going to focus on the Spring and Summer countdowns.









No comments:

Post a Comment