Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Yahoo! I'm a Blogger. Sounds Important.




Welcome to my blog.  My name is Patti and my hope with this blog is to spread laughter.  I am married with two boys and two (bad) dogs and have been a stay-at-home mom/wife since 2006 when I retired after 20 years with a consulting firm.  I think I'm funny, but my boys tell me I'm not, thus the title of the blog: Come on, that was funny!  I try to find humor in the daily routine of life - - - the kids, the dogs, the husband, the schedule, the stress, etc.  I'll try not to make this blog all about my family, but the truth is that's probably what will happen because there's a lot of material there.  Sorry.  And, sorry to my husband and kids in advance because I will not hesitate to exploit and expose you for a laugh.

My dogs will definitely feature prominently in my blog because I think dogs are hysterical.  We never owned a dog until we bought Charlie Brown six years ago.  The dog confirmed what I secretly suspected and that is that we suck at parenting, two-legged and four-legged.  We did not treat Charlie Brown like a dog and as a consequence he quickly became a neurotic dog that could not be left alone.  Yes, I became a crazy dog lady and Charlie Brown was my co-pilot.

We decided to get another dog to keep Charlie Brown company, so I could actually go places without him, and three years ago we bought Bella.  They are both apricot-colored Golden doodles (the results of a Golden Retriever and a Standard Poodle hook up) and they have invaded our home and hearts.

So hello all and let's have some laughs!  

No comments:

Post a Comment