Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Warning: Posts Are Not Fact Checked


Photo credit: 22 year-old son (last month).

I'm proof that any clown can author a blog.  You just start writing stuff and put it out there, it does not even need to be accurate.  Now the posts on this blog are purely for entertainment purposes, so if a slight massaging of the facts creates a laugh, who cares.

What's the harm?  Your side hurts from laughing?

What I am bothered by are the bloggers who put themselves out there as experts and people like me, who constantly troll the Internet for help, get fooled.

For example, I have been on a campaign to feed my family healthy meals and so I follow many "clean eating" blogs for recipe ideas.  This morning I saw a recipe that looked intriguing, Vegan General Tso Chicken made with Cauliflower.  A closer look revealed ingredients that included a 1/2 cup of corn starch and 1 1/2 cups of soy sauce (not even the low sodium variety).

Now you don't need to know much about healthy eating to know those ingredients are not healthy, but the real crime is the claim by the blogger that the cauliflower tastes just like chicken.  There's no chance that's true!

You won't get any expert advice on this blog, especially regarding dogs, but you should still be forewarned, my Posts are Not Fact Checked.

No comments:

Post a Comment