Thursday, July 31, 2014

Gone to the Beach

Me and Tom.  

I can't believe it's the last day of July and I did not write one post the entire month.  Well, I cannot let that happen, so here's a really lame one.

I am super lucky to spend most of my summer at the beach.  Life is ridiculously unfair, as we should all get to spend the summer at the beach.  I love it.  My family loves it.  The dogs love it.

There's just one problem.  Nothing gets done.  And, I mean nothing.

I don't know what happens to me when I get to the beach.  I am normally very organized and productive, but just a whiff of the sea air and the prospect of an ice-cream cone and I'm a different person.

You know when you go on vacation and you forget about work, the house, the bills, etc.?  That's what happens to me, but the problem is that I act like I'm on vacation all summer.

When I go home to Swarthmore, I gather up the mail and stick it in a brown bag and bring it to the shore to sort out and pay bills, but I don't ever deal with the mail, so I just keep adding stuff to the brown bag and driving it back and forth to the beach.  The bag is almost full.

When it gets to be August I start feeling the need to get back to a normal routine.  No more cream donuts on Sunday mornings, no more Custard King, no more eating Twizzlers on the beach (Why is that a thing?), and no more drinking beer from red Solo cups in the middle of the day.  I'm a little sad just writing that stuff, but I know it's time.

If you have kids in college, or who play high school sports, then you know we are in the home stretch and the party we call Summer is coming to an end.

I hope you have had lots of fun and relaxation this Summer, and I'll get back to my routine in September, including regular posts on the blog.

Peace out.  Girl Scout.

3 comments:

  1. I just wrote this whole really great comment and it disappeared! I love technology! Readers Digest version: I'm a friend of your big brother Bob and he told me to check your blog. Of course, I obeyed. I'm doing a fledgling blog and I'll Follow you if you Follow me...I'm at mkirbyr.com and my blog is Musings With Marianne. It's apparently important to have followers. I write about various things cause I don't have a focus...yet, anyway. Hope you'll check it out. Oh, and Bob says we are neighbors.....I'm across the road in Springfield. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marianne,
    I have not been on my blog most of the summer. Bad girl. Anyway, I will check out your blog and follow you. I don't really have followers because I have a Facebook called the same name as my blog and people just like the page and then get access to my blog posts. I've found that that's a good way to attract people to your blog. So go to my Facebook page Come On, That was Funny and like my page and if you have not already, you should start a Personal Blog Facebook page.
    People share lots of stuff on Facebook and that's how your blog gets out there. Good luck. Patti

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thx for the tip....I'll give it a whack. Now get back to the blogging and the funny stuff! See you on the Inter Web...... M

    ReplyDelete